Monday, March 19, 2012

Oh herro!

"Such a man has a double existence: he may suffer misery, and be overwhelmed by disappointments; yet, when he has retired into himself, he will be like a celestial spirit that has a halo around him, within whose circle no grief or folly ventures."

Did I mention I am reading Frankenstein for my British Literature class. I adore it and it was written by a woman. I can only imagine that I had fantastic writing skills to come up with such a story. Go Mary Shelley.

I made some changes to my last post to help people to understand what I was talking about. I am very self-centered and assume everyone has the knowledge that I do sometimes.

So who has an evil, EVIL, teacher for her German class. Me of course. We had class this Monday despite the bank holiday and all other classes were cancelled. Even all of the other German courses. She had us meet because she was sick during our first class so this was to make up for it. BUT this meant that I had to walk home alone in the dark. And it was raining. (I had my umbrella though because I am a badass and planned ahead for once in my life.) BUT I am an optimist so I promptly sang "I'm singing in the rain" which is of course the only line I know of the song and the "oh what a glorious feeling" part. Is there even any more to it? Whatever. Any who, since I had just come from my German course I decided to try to sing it in German. Pretty epic fail but luckily I know a nice German person who I could text and I became informed of how you say "I am singing in the rain" in German, which is "Ich singe im Regen"..

Remember that time a drunk guy came to my room asking for ice? Oh yeah that was right now. Unfortunately I haven't filled up my ice tray or I would of very generously given him some ice. hahaha

Ok! To resume. I sang in the rain. It was really classy since I even had my nice pink umbrella.

Anyway; couple of pictures from the weekend!

We got balloons. Don't you love the classy alley we took our balloon babies into? 
 


I love how Darren's face is at one end of the rainbow and Guinness is at the other. 
 

I look old and scared/scary. Darren is a fantastic artist!
 
St. Patrick's day! Too much fun! 
 
WAY too much fun. How does Angelina always end up crouching in front hahahaa

I love my courses. I love the friends I am making. OH and did I mention that I am going to Venice on the 23rd? Which is rapidly approaching. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED. oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah. And then when Easter break rolls around hopefully I will be bouncing around Europe enough that I won't even have computer access. I love this! I have only been to two class periods since school started. Is that normal? I feel like I am cheating the system some how.




No comments:

Post a Comment