Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Quick update (AKA feeling way lazy)

Living here is a complete dream and some what of a nightmare.

1. It's hard keeping up with everyone back home that I miss and everyone is all of the sudden very interested in my life. Which isn't bad, just very overwhelming.
2. I can't keep my room clean it seems (very stressful).
3. I'm exhausted from the Fasching activities yesterday. Fasching is a big celebration like.. Mardi Gras I suppose. So FUN but so draining.
4. I have German homework.
5. There are a lot of little things to do that hard to do when you cannot speak the same language as anyone else.

I swear that by June I will be able to hold a decent conversation in German. I'll video tape it or something guys... maybe.

I got dressed up and went out with my new friends Jen, Margaret, and Luz. And of course with Angelina because we are somewhat inseparable if you haven't noticed.


I really want to make it a point to emphasize how great it is being here. Every one perceives things in a unique way and everyone will take different things from an experience BUT I really think there is something special about living in a completely different place. You get to grow and learn in unique ways. I may be repeating myself but please, if you have the chance, go somewhere new and open up to new people. It is hard to convey my feelings through a blog without sounding cheesy or out there. I just hope that you understand that this trip literally might change me, for the better I assume, and I hope other people get the chance to do something similar.

I'm really feeling some hippy love over here in Austria. Missing my folks, missing my boyfriend.
(Maybe missing a little Cup O' Noodle too.)

Here are some pictures to lighten the mood;


I'm really feeling some hippy love over here in Austria. Missing my folks, missing my boyfriend.
(Maybe missing a little Cup O' Noodle too.)


                   



Oh and here is my German class! Hopefully better pictures tomorrow because we are minus a student. And my eyes are closed. Keeping you guys on your toes, will she be awkward in this one? Will she have her eyes open?
You just never know with me any more.

ps. If anyone has any tips on where to visit in Europe, please share. Or cheap travel, places to eat, etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment