Monday, June 18, 2012

Anita bonita and other things.

I unintentionally put these pictures here and cannot move them so now you get this blog in reverse order of how I would have preferred it to be. If you scroll past these pictures (which are of my day trip to the Hochosterwitz Castle with Angelina, Lauren, Kara, and Claire. ALL AMERICAN GIRLS btw) - past these pictures into more of the recent stuff.
Like how Anita sent me a package and random pictures of me in a fountain.
We had to walk. A lot. 


Angelina, Claire, Lauren, Kara

Look at that rad castle. Yes we walked to that. 





Kara, the model. 




I def don't look touristy right. 

We climbed that. Ok not really, but we walked through those gates (14 of those bad boys).






Lauren - log enthusiast.



Lauren, Kara, Claire

Creeper picture of Lauren. I imagine she was thinking something pretty deep.

Angelina is unamused.


Yes, it was as gross as it looks. But I had to try the weisswurst (white sausage).




Now on to the even more useless information.


I received the best le package everrrr today. Well all of them have been the best, but you know what I mean. Anita le Savage sent me a package (because she is a doll)! I just want to note that everyone must obviously think I'm a fatty. I have consistently had american cookies over this entire trip. Seriously. There goes the whole 'trying to adopt healthy European eating habits!' ;) 

She sent me the most rad JELLYFISH plugs. 

*closer up

And my new favorite cup and straw. Not that I had a favorite straw before. But how summery is this shiz. 

Now look at my beautiful plugs, LOOK AT THEM. 
Aside from my joy of the package and the fact that I will be in Texas in 15 days (and then on to NY to see my parents).. I'm still in a pretty spastic mood. Continuously worrying about what to take home and what to leave. I'm also having a very reflective time and I haven't even left yet!

I really think that coming here was just a point to hone my domestic skills (I've gotten better at cooking and my cleanliness level might be borderline OCD).

And to .. "find myself" or whatever. I didn't really have a huge metamorphosis. Maybe I have and it's been gradual to me but I will seem different when I come home? I highly doubt it.

The main thing I've gathered at this moment is that my world view was in great need of expansion. Little did I realize how homogeneous I thought the world was. I mean I knew everyone was not the same but I had never experienced it. I had also never before been judged for being American. I mean if you asked me to define myself "American" wouldn't even cross my mind. But now I know that this title holds a lot of weight whether it's positive/negative or true/untrue.


I'm sure things will really start to hit me once I'm on the plane but right now that's as far as I've let myself wander because I'm still in school and trying to maintain some sense of living in the moment.

Random picture time!
A picture from afar of the castle mentioned above. INSANELY GORGEOUS.


Classy as always. 
Another random picture from my sweet as birthday partayyy bro.




Jérémy, herpa derp

A look into my hygiene (in my Serbian hostel)

SUPER HUG. I find it necessary to include pictures of Angelina and I consistently.

I was doing my parkour. 

And Darren didn't enjoy it so much. 

Back to my 'merica roots. 

Awkward forever.

AND A RULE BREAKER yeayuhh


I can't be zen..

but he can.

"Do it. You know you want to."




No comments:

Post a Comment